Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Simple and sincere shines

We’re wrapping up another year and the Best TV Commercials of 2013 is the blog topic du jour. It’s prompted me to publish this post on four ads I found particularly enjoyable.

Let’s begin with Citi ThankYou Preferred Card.There are so many things right about this commercial. The concept is authentic and the script is flawless. The superlative talent deliver a wonderful performance and ace it with their priceless facial expressions. The commercial is simply delightful and I chuckle every time I see it.

Go ahead, rack up points on me–please!

Did you know that Old MacDonald was a really bad speller? This commercial cracks me up every time. How do you spell advertising success? G-e-i-c-o-e-i-e-i-o.

I’m probably one of the few who don’t really care for the AT&T “It’s Not Complicated” campaign. Yes, the kids are precious, but it took about three installments in the series for the concept to lose its verve. Recent commercials barely make sense and do little to enhance the brand. Somehow, an idea that seemed so simple, isn’t.

That said, everyone’s favorite in the campaign is endearing. It wins on cuteness and honesty alone. I wonder if the direct camera shots of the girl were completed in the first take.

Yes, that is adorable.

Shaquille O’Neal, better known by most as Shaq, surprises as a very gifted and talented pitchman. I’ve always known he was a character with an engaging and fun personality, but I didn’t expect him to parlay his likeability to a stint as a product spokesperson. Bravo, Buick for recognizing the big man as a pitchman. Hail Shaq!

Wow! He’s so much more than I expected as a product pitchman.

What do you think of my selections. What do they have in common? Do you have a top four? Do they include any of my favorites? Why do you like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment