Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Slug bug!

I’m a purist. Back in my day (oh gawd, doesn’t that make me sound old!), counting Volkswagen Beetles on the highways was a summer vacation pastime. On long car trips between campgrounds, my siblings and I would battle for bug counting supremacy. First to see and call it gets the credit. Yours truly always trounced my sibs because I had the best eyesight by far. I could recognize the shape of the Beetle from a distance by day and the unduplicated dual above-the-headlights parking lights/turn signals by night. I mean, I killed at this game. I’d develop such a big lead in a matter of hours on the first long drive that everyone pretty much resigned from the competition, although they were never allowed to quit.

There were a lot of Beetles on the road back in the 70s.

What that meant was that my sibs had sore bruises on their arms and legs from the slug bug punches I meted out without mercy. It became such fun for me, deciding who to pop each time I saw a red Bug. And that brings me to the point of this blog: How dare Volkswagen alter the game to not only include Bugs of every color, but Volkswagens of any persuasion? They can’t do that; I mean, come on! How can they add the Routan, Tiguan, Jetta, Toureg and the other eight models? I mean, they don’t look anything like the Beetle.

I ought to slug the powers that be for changing the rules of the game!

I ought to give them a slap on the back for such a brilliant idea.

Punchdub. It is a whole new game.

Passing thoughts…
Has there been an outcry from groups about punching family, friends and strangers? Wouldn’t surprise me. I applaud Volkswagen for ignoring them. PC groups are annoying. Well, most of them anyway.

Punchdub: I can’t help but wonder if there’s a political statement in there somewhere.

George W Bush dub ya  W dub-ya_The Improbable President George-W-Bush-shows-bruis-001  George-W-Bush-Clown--23684

No comments:

Post a Comment