Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tweet this all you webinators

Two more radio commercials in the revived Motel 6 campaign are on the airwaves and they are quite entertaining.

Radio spot #1, Tom Bodett announces Wi-Fi availability at Motel 6.

Cue the violin…

“I’m Tom Bodett with a message for all of you world wide webinators. Motel 6 now offers wireless internet, also called Wi-Fi…probably because it’s short and it rhymes.  Plus, it makes you sound like a bigger deal, like you’re late for something important…I’m ToBo for the Mo and we’ll…sorry dude, gotta bounce.”

How do you top that? This webinator is left speechless.

In radio spot #2, spokesman Tom Bodett shares his first experience with Twitter.

Cue the violin…

“Hi Tom Bodet doing my very first tweet. or twerp or whatever it's called. Okay, here goes:

M6 has clean comfy rooms numeral 4 dollar sign dollar sign of N-E nutnul chain ~ I heart it cuz…

And I'm out of characters. Oh, see why this is so popular. I'm Tom Bodett for Motel 6 and we'll leave the light on for ya. Book online at motel6.com.”

Love the biting sarcasm, Tom. Were you wearing your sassy poncho while typing that tweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment